John Kevin Griffin 772-242-3388

Lawyer Works with Maritime and Seaman Crew Injured on the Job

Call or text Do Not Hide Your Injury from your employer! Rather always report an on the job injury as soon as possible to a supervisor.

Florida Worker's Compensation

If you are an hourly wage employee in Florida who was hurt on the job then pay attention because you need help. Always report your injury to your supervisor. It's your duty to tell the boss you need to see a doctor. Likewise it's the boss's duty to report your injury to his supervisor. Your worker's comp claim begins when you report the injury to your boss. It is intimidating for the average worker in our economy to report a job injury. Sometimes the injury is so severe the report of injury does not become an issue. When you report the injury tell the boss where and when it occurred. This begins your claim. If you are having a problem reporting your injury contact we help injured workers.

Maritime employees (crew) Have Special Rights

Maritime crew of ships boats oil rigs towboats and barges should not accept Florida worker's compensation insurance benefits. If you accept these state workers compensation benefits you may lose your valuable maritime law and federal benefits. You will lose pain and suffering damages and the right to choose your own doctor. A right you do not have under Florida Worker's Compensation.

Maritime Employees Jones Act Cases

After You Report Your Injury Get Medical Care

Your employer expects you to report immediately on the job injuries. In fact it is your duty to report it to the company as soon as possible. When you report an injury to your supervisor go get medical care. Report it then go. Do not hide your injury. Report it as soon as possible. You can get fired for working injured. Always report your injury to a supervisor or if that doesn't work go to the next highest supervisor. The company has a duty to protect you from harm. Report it and go to a doctor.

Member Florida Justice Association
Veteran owned and operated



© 2017 John Kevin Griffin All rights reserved